Pokemon TCG: Unlimited 150

Forums

Forum Home > General Pokemon Discussion > Rules questions

ace32
So, i'm trying to build an Ampharos deck and my question is: can i play 4 versions of "normal named" Ampharos AND 2 versions of Dark Ampharos, or are these all considered Ampharos in which case i can only play 4 in total? Also, i would very much like to use this topic as one to ask all kinds of U150 questions in the future if that's ok with the forum moderator.
--

Hoard - Collect - File - Index

Catalog - Preserve - Amass - INDEX

July 31, 2016 at 3:28 PM Flag Quote & Reply

iiDefy

Hi ace,
So to answer your question, as Dark Ampharos and Ampharos have different names you can play 4 of both Dark Ampharos and Amphraos provided they are different cards as per the U150 rules (So basically you can only run 2 Dark ampharos but if they print more you can run more). This also applies to EXs so you can run 4 Ampharos and 4 Ampharos EX which is a relevant tidbit you'll find useful when constructing your deck.Becuase this applies to everything it means you could also run 4 Flaaffy and the 2 Dark Flaaffy if you wanted to as well.

Just to put it out there, the dark amphraos from Neo Destiny would get shut off by the Dark Ampharos from Team Rocket returns despite the fact that they are different cards.

And yeah feel free to ask any questions you have here or message the U150 page on facebook or Join the Cerulean City Facebook page if that'd be something you're interested in

--

Ganking and Banking

55 - 79 - 86

August 2, 2016 at 10:51 AM Flag Quote & Reply

ace32
@iiDefy, Thanks for your answer :) I had to study that last bit about the Dark Amphies more closely with the cards at hand but i'm getting it now. Straight on to the next question then (i'm not into Facebook, got to ask my daughter :P ). It's about the ruling of Dowsing Machine/Item Finder/Junk Arm. Can i take ANY trainercard (including Supporter or Stadium) out of the discard pile or are these cards restricted to take out only "old" Trainer- and/or Itemcards? I thought i read the rulings somewhere here but i can't seem to find it anymore. Greetzz, Ace
--

Hoard - Collect - File - Index

Catalog - Preserve - Amass - INDEX

August 2, 2016 at 6:01 PM Flag Quote & Reply

iiDefy

No problem, We like to see the forums getting used :)
In regards to your question you can only take "Trainer" cards with Dowsing Machine etc. which in 150 is items cards. So anything from the early sets with trainer on it such as Professor Oak? You can get back with Dowsing machine etc. ,anything from later on sets lablled as a Trainer - Item such as battle compressor or even things like Luxury ball CAN be retrived by Junk arm etc.

Cards such as Professor Juniper or Dimension Valley CANNOT be retrieved using Dowsing machine/Item finder etc. because they are now changed from being Trainer-Supporter and Trainer-Stadium respectively to just being Supporter and Stadium.
For you reference, here's the relevant ruling for your perusal "The non-Pokémon, non-Energy cards are Trainer, Supporter, Stadium. These cards are never two or more types (e.g. "Trainer - Supporter" cards count as Supporter cards, but not Trainers).The term Item reads as "Trainer".

This ruling means older Pokemon that prevent your opponent from playing "Trainers" don't actually stop you from playing supporters and stadiums but instead just trainer/Item lock you like more modern pokemon such as Seismitoad EX.

again, if you have any questions on rulings or anything else then feel free to ask :)

Hope this helped.

--

Ganking and Banking

55 - 79 - 86

August 2, 2016 at 6:24 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.